Nutritive InformationPer serving:
- 286 calories
- 10 g total fat (2 g saturated fat)
- 26 g carbohydrate
- 22 g protein
- 3.5 g dietary fiber
- 507 mg sodium
- 3/4 lb. farmed salmon filet, skinned
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. yellow potatoes, the smaller the better
- 1/4 lb. fresh green beans
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, light or regular
- 4 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place salmon in center of 16 – 18-inch piece of foil. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds pepper. Loosely seal foil and place salmon in oven. Roast until it is opaque pink in center at thickest point, 20-22 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Start checking it at 18 minutes. Open foil and set salmon aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in large saucepan and cover them by 2 inches with cold water. Cover, bring to boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat and boil gently until small knife easily pierces larges potatoes, about 25 minutes. Drain potatoes and place in large mixing bowl. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes into 1½-inch chunks.
- At the same time, in covered medium saucepan, boil 2 inches cold water over medium-high heat. Add beans, cover and cook until tender but not soft, about 4 minutes. Immediately transfer beans to medium bowl and place under cold running water until cool, 1 minute, or place them in bowl of ice water. Drain and dry beans, then cut them into 1½-inch pieces.
- Add beans to potatoes. Add chopped shallots. Holding large chunks of warm salmon over bowl with potatoes, break them into bite-size pieces and large flakes.
- In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mustard, remaining salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and, using 2 forks, mix to combine. Garnish with chives and serve immediately, while potatoes and salmon are still warm, or at room temperature within 1 hour.