5. Beet Salad with Peaches and Walnuts
- 2 medium cooked red beets, sliced 1/4-inch
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. minced mint leaves (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- 1 tsp. minced thyme (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 cups sliced peaches without skin (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta)
Serves: 6 Serving
- On platter arrange beets and tomato slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In large mixing bowl combine shallot, mint, thyme, oil, lemon juice and honey. Stir well to combine. Add peach wedges and gently toss to coat.
- Arrange peach mixture over beets and tomatoes. Top salad with walnuts and cheese, garnish with mint and thyme sprigs and serve.
Nutritive Information :
- Calories:197 Kcal
- Fat: 11 g (2.5 g saturated fat)
- Carbohydrate: 22 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g.