Could there be anything greater than having your favorite sweets in the form of these healthy desserts? Women Fitness brings to you Top 5 Healthy Desserts that are bound to leave you craving for more!
1. Baked Blackberry Cheesecake
This light cheesecake is best made with wild blackberries, bur cultivated once will do. You can also substitute them for other soft fruit such as raspberries or loganberries.
- Cottage cheese: 175g/ ¾ cup
- Low fat natural yogurt: 150g/ 5 oz
- Wholemeal flour: 15ml/1 tbsp
- Golden caster sugar: 30ml/ 2 tbsp
- White egg
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- Blackberries: 200g/7oz/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Lightly grease and line the base of an 18cm/7 in cake tin. Whizz the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender until smooth, or rub it through a sieve.
- Add the yogurt, flour, sugar, egg and egg white, and mix. Add the lemon rind and juice, and blackberries, reserving a few for decoration.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and bake it for about 30-35 minutes, or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake, and then turn it out.
- Remove the lining paper and place the cheesecake on a warm serving plate. Decorate with the reserved blackberries and serve it warm.
Cooks Tip: If you prefer to use canned blackberries, choose those preserved in natural juice and drain the fruit well before adding it to the cheesecake mixture. The juice may be served with the cheesecake, but this will increase the total calories.
Nutritive Information :
- Energy: 94kcals/394kj
- Fat: 1.67g
- Saturated fat: 1.03g
- Cholesterol: 5.75mg
- Fibre: 1.71g