- 80 calories,
- 2.5 g total fat (0 g. saturated fat),
- 12 g carbohydrate,
- 4 g protein,
- 5 g dietary fiber,
- 35 mg sodium.
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 bunch (about 3/4 lb) asparagus, tough ends removed, sliced into 2” pieces
- 2 cups fresh pea shoots
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add peas to boiling water and blanch for 1 minute.
- Strain peas using a slotted spoon (save the boiling water for the asparagus). Add peas to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking process, then strain again and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Similarly drain asparagus and add to ice water for 1 min; drain and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine peas, asparagus, pea shoots, lemon zest, lemon juice, mint and olive oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Optional: garnish with a slice of lemon.