Nutritive InformationPer Serving
- Calories:220 Kcal
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrate: 42 g
- Protein: 7g
- Fiber: 6 g.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed (or use no salt added)
- 12 oz. corn kernels, no salt added canned, or frozen, thawed
- 1 can (4 oz.) mild green chiles, diced
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In medium pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, rice, cumin and turmeric. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45-50 minute or until rice is tender (do not stir during this time). Then gently stir in beans, corn, chiles and tomatoes. Heat through and let stand 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.