Ranch Slathered Chicken & Broccoli Stuffed Potato
Devin loves this dish! It’s so simple it’s nuts! People who try it always say, “There’s no way that’s healthy!” In fact, the day we shot the photo, I texted it to a guy who was a producer on Celebrity Apprentice who I dated a couple of times. He texted back, “If you can make THAT healthy, marry me!” Though I never thought marriage was in the cards with him, it certainly was fun to be able to make it Devinly decadent!
- 1 (6 ounce) light fleshed sweet potato, scrubbed clean.
- 1 (4 ounce) chicken breast (preferably free range), trimmed and cut into
- 1/2-inch-wide strips across the breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt free garlic and herb bread seasoning
- 1/16 teaspoon reduced sodium salt substitute
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- Olive oil spray (propellant free)
- 1/4 cup Renovated Ranch*
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced chives (1/4-inch pieces)
- Steamer insert/rack
*If you have the Renovated Ranch prepared.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wrap the potato in foil. Poke it with a fork 4 times and place it on a middle oven rack. Place a sheet of foil or a baking sheet on the rack below the potato (to catch any drippings). Bake it until it is tender throughout, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When the potato is almost cooked through, mix the chicken, seasoning, salt substitute, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place a steamer insert in a large soup pot. Fill the pot with water so it reaches just below the steamer insert. Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cover the pot. Cook it until crisp tender, about 2–5 minutes.
- Place a small nonstick frying pan over medium high heat. When hot, remove the pan from the heat just long enough to mist it with spray. Add the chicken and cook it until it is browned on the outsides and no longer pink inside, about 1–2 minutes per side. If it’s getting too browned before it’s cooked through, reduce the heat to low to complete cooking.
- Place the potato in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Cut a slit in the top of the potato that’s almost the length of the potato (don’t cut it in half) and about 3/4 of the way into the potato. Add the chicken to the center of the potato. Place the broccoli around the potato. Slather the dressing over the potato and broccoli. Top the potato with chives. Enjoy immediately.
You can use a leftover baked sweet potato in this recipe if you have one on hand. Sweet potatoes that are baked in foil reheat very well. So save time by cooking several on Sunday to reheat during the week.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed potato + 1/4 cup dressing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes*
- Cook Time: 45 minutes–1 hour
2 starch, 3 nonstarchy vegetable, 4 lean protein
390 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 1800 mg potassium, 47 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 12 g sugars, 39 g protein, 380 mg phosphorus
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.