German Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon zero calorie natural sweetener
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened, reduced fat shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Combine the rolled oats, almond milk, sweetener, cocoa powder, and coconut in an 8-ounce jar or resealable plastic container. Refrigerate the oatmeal mixture for at least 6 hours (or up to 2 days).
- Remove oatmeal from the refrigerator and top with the pecans just before enjoying.
Using 1 tablespoon of a stevia brown sugar blend (such as Truvia Brown Sugar Blend) in this recipe instead of pure stevia or another zero-calorie natural sweetner makes it truly taste like a German chocolate treat. It’s yummy enough for dessert, but it also adds 5 g of sugar per serving. You can make a few servings with the brown sugar blend and keep them in the refrigerator for a few days to have on hand when a chocolate craving hits. For breakfast, I’d recommend sticking with a zero calorie natural sweetener.
- Serving Size: About 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pecans
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + refrigeration time
- Cook Time: None
2 starch, 1/2 carbohydrate, 2 fat
280 calories, 12 g fat, 2.6 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 350 mg potassium, 37 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 1 g sugars, 9 g protein, 285 mg phosphorus
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.